Dating dk Vordingborg

Grey Friar Convent, on the east side of Østerå, was probably built around 1240; it was documented in 1268 when it was a Franciscan Convent of the Order of Friars Minor, but like many other Roman Catholic monasteries and convents was shut down in 1530 as a result of the Reformation.

dating dk Vordingborg

In 1530 a large part of the town was destroyed by fire, and in December 1534 it was stormed and plundered by the king's troops after a peasants' revolt known as the Count's Feud led by Skipper Clement. From the 1550s to the 1640s, as a result of increased foreign trade, Aalborg enjoyed great prosperity, second only to that of Copenhagen.Aalborg Airport is just 6 kilometres (3.7 mi) northwest of the city centre, and the E45, a European route from Karesuando, Sweden, to Gela, Italy, passes through Aalborg. Bekanntschaften northeim The European Commission has concluded that the citizens of Aalborg are the most satisfied people in Europe with their city.Budolfi Church, now a cathedral, dates from the end of the 14th century and Aalborghus Castle, a royal residence, was built in 1550.Today, Aalborg is a city in transition from a working-class industrial area to a knowledge-based community.

Dating dk Vordingborg

Trænregimentet, the Danish regiment for army supply and emergency medical personnel, is also in Aalborg.Aalborg University Hospital, the largest in the north of Jutland, was founded in 1881.A major exporter of grain, cement, and spirits, its thriving business interests include Siemens Wind Power, Aalborg Industries, and Aalborg Portland.These companies have become global producers of wind turbine rotors, marine boilers and cement.Aalborg traces its history back over a thousand years.

It was originally settled as a trading post because of its position on the Limfjord.

The sites of what were two settlements and a burial ground can be seen on Lindholm Høje, a hill overlooking the city.

These large settlements, one from the 6th-century Germanic Iron Age, the other from the Viking Age in the 9th to 11th centuries, evolved at the narrowest point on Limfjord as a result of the traffic between Himmerland to the south and Vendsyssel to the north.

The first mention of Aalborg under its original name Alabu or Alabur is found on coins from c.

1040, the period when King Harthacnut (Hardeknud) settled in the area. 1075, Adam of Bremen reported that Alaburg, as he called it in German, was an important harbour for ships sailing to Norway.

Add comment

Your e-mail will not be published. required fields are marked *